Just wanted to highlight a course being held by Visualise Training and Consultancy this September and October that may be of interest:
- How do I support a visually impaired person?
- Is visual language such as “see you later” offensive?
- How do I guide someone with sight loss?
- How can I ensure my business is accessible for people with sight loss?
These courses are intended to raise awareness of visual impairment, and best business practice in supporting VI customers and colleagues. Informative, motivational and inspiring.
You will gain an understanding of:
- The main eye conditions and the importance of eye health care
- How to safely guide a person with a visual impairment
- Appropriate language and effective communication, is it ok to say “see you later”?
- Reasonable adjustments as per the Equality Act 2010
Book your place in Cardiff or London
Alison Skellern, AGCAS Disability Task Group, De Montfort University