As a last minute festive treat (!) in the vein of so many TV shows this time of year, I thought I’d give a bit of a roundup of some interesting articles from a range of publications and websites that you may (or may not) have spotted this year.
So go grab a mulled wine coffee (mince pie optional) and enjoy a read…
- Reach: video case studies featuring current undergraduate students with Autism/Asperger’s discussing their experiences of Higher Education at University
- Autism and Uni – widening access to Higher Education for autistic students
- The Guardian article: Labour to appoint a shadow minister for neurodiversity
- People Management article: Managing employees on the autistic spectrum in the workforce
- City AM article: This is Me: How Barclays is breaking mental health stigma – and the rest of the City can too
HR and disability
- Resource: what reading might feel like for someone who has dyslexia
- The Conversation article: Here’s what you need to know about starting university with dyslexia
- Royal College of Art article: Kicking an Elephant Through a Catflap: Celebrating Dyslexia Awareness Week at the RCA
And just to add … have a very merry Christmas break and a Happy New Year from the Disability Task Group – see you in 2017!
Claire Byron, AGCAS Disability Task Group, Newcastle University